My Photo
Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

Friday, July 08, 2005

Antibiotics

Last week I was at Keylong, a very beautiful small town in Himachal Pradesh (head quarters of Lahaul and Spiti). When I came back my right hand had a swelling and paining quite severely. I thought my hand is fractured, though I didn't remember any occasion of my hand hitting somewhere. The doctor told me it's an infection!!! I don't know how!!! Probably due to some insect bite. Anyway, after three days of heavy antibiotics, it is reduced now. Today I went to the doctor again. Now he has given me even stronger antibiotics. I generally hate taking antibiotics. Moreover, he has given me some ibuprofen too, which also I hate taking. I feel that the doctor has given me much more than what is required. On Monday when I visited him first, he told me that if the infection doesn't reduce, he may have to operate. I saw another patient today with the same problem (infection inside his right leg). The doctor was saying that this happens in the monsoon time. Though I am not recovered it fully, I hope to become better soon.

I generally feel that in most of the occasions, there should be a way to cure without using antibiotics. Unless it is really severe, one shouldn't be using antibiotics. It reduces the immunity of the human body. Sometime, you need to just hold the growth of the infection and then cure it. If the patient is in a hurry, of course, one can use antibiotics to cure it fast. But otherwise, if the patient has some patience, one can get infections cured without using antibiotics.

1 Comments:

Blogger viswaprabha വിശ്വപ്രഭ said...

Yes, Keylong is famous for that infection / alergy.

In 1988, I too had to visit Keylong for a one week official job. I had to abstain from drinking the local water and most of the food I consumed was the one I carried from Chandigarh! The ones who had travelled before me had cautioned about this special allergy and thus I was rather luckier!

I miss all those places now: Leh, Kargil, Gulmarg, Keylong, Mandi, Dharmasala, McLordGunj, Kangda, Chithapoorni, Vishnodevi, Jammu, pathankot,jwalamukhi, bilaspur, dahanu, Rampur, Kulu, Manali,Parwanoo, Shimla, Nala and so many more....
On the other side, Haridwar, rishikesh, lakshmanjhoola, dehradun, entire Garhwal and so on...

Feeling envy...!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home